Subject: Regional consultation survey of the Updated road map for an enhanced global response to the adverse health effects of air pollution (2025-2030), by 13 May 2025
From: "EURO CEH" <[email-masked]>
To: "EURO CEH" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2025 17:55:05 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:

Members of the European Environment and Health Task Force;

WHO National Counterparts;

Cc:

WHO Representatives and Heads of WHO Country Offices in the European Region;

WHO Secretariat;

Dear colleagues,

The Sixty-eight World Health Assembly (2015) urged Member States to 
identify, address, and prevent the health impacts of air pollution through 
targeted, multisectoral measures in accordance with national priorities in 
its resolution on Health and Environment (WHA 68.8). In 2016, the World 
Health Assembly adopted the Road map for an enhanced global response to the 
adverse health effects of air pollution for 2016-2019, as a framework for 
the health sector actions. The updated road map for 2025-2030 was discussed 
at the 156th Executive Board session in February 2025 and is expected to be 
adopted at the forthcoming World Health Assembly.

Taking into consideration these policy developments and to provide tailored 
support to Member States needs in addressing the health effects of air 
pollution, WHO has developed a Regional Consultation Survey Questionnaire 
for Member States. The purpose of the survey is to gather feedback on the 
<https://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB156/B156_24-en.pdf> Updated road 
map for an enhanced global response to the adverse health effects of air 
pollution, and to identify priorities and challenges for implementation.

The attached document is the Regional Consultation Survey Questionnaire. It 
consists of six multiple-choice questions and one subjective question and 
will take an estimated 20 to 30 minutes to complete. The involvement of 
Member States in the adoption and implementation of the Road map is of great 
importance and therefore we welcome comments from your country. We would 
greatly appreciate receiving your input by 13 May 2025 directly to the Air 
Quality, Energy and Health Unit at the WHO headquarters in Geneva ( 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]) with a copy to ( 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]).

We are also pleased to invite you to join the 
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdzszQ3jp0hFdYOz8RJsUNmhltDmAnFXkoUcTnOp0NI7N0TDg/viewform> 
Pledge of Actions on Air Pollution and Energy Access to Protect Public 
Health to drive ambition and action to tackle the health, environmental, and 
socioeconomic impacts of air pollution, as recommended by the WHO Second 
Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health, 25-27 March 2025. We kindly 
request you to circulate this initiative with relevant organizations, 
agencies, NGOs, and stakeholders to take transformative action for clean air 
in all countries.

Yours sincerely,

On behalf of the EHP Secretariat

---

EHP Secretariat | Multisectoral Partnerships for Environment and Health 
(MPE)
WHO Regional Office for Europe | European Centre for Environment and Health 
| Bonn, Germany
E-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]| Web: 
<https://www.who.int/europe/initiatives/european-environment-and-health-process-(ehp)> 
European Environment and Health Process (EHP)